Halfway Homemade: Let's Go Bananas
Here at Mission MightyMe, we love coming up with new ways to incorporate fruits (and veggies) into our little one’s diets. The star of this month? Bananas!
Banana “Nice” Cream
This healthy alternative to ice cream provides your little one with the chance to safely help in the kitchen (no actual cooking required!). Top with our Banana Peanut Butter puffs for the ultimate banana flavor, or opt for our plain Peanut Butter or Strawberry Peanut Butter to mix up the flavors!
- Peel 6 ripe bananas
- Place on a lined cookie sheet and set in freezer until frozen (we froze overnight)
- Use food processor to blend frozen bananas (we added a scoop of peanut butter for a nutritional boost)
- Scoop your “nice cream” into a bowl or ice cream cone and let your little one top with their favorite toppings
Banana “Sushi” Rolls
We always love recipes that our little ones can help to co-create and these “sushi” rolls are the perfect way for them to be hands on! Serve with a side of crunchy Banana Peanut Butter Puffs.
- Spread the nut butter of your choice on a tortilla shell
- Place a peeled banana on top of the spread
- Roll up, slice and enjoy!
Healthy Banana Split
While we always love enjoying a classic banana split, this healthy option is the perfect snack for your little one!
- Slice a banana in half and place in a bowl
- Scoop yogurt of your choice on top (we opted for Greek for extra protein!)
- Sprinkle with fresh fruit and your little one’s favorite healthy toppings like Banana Peanut Butter puffs)