By Robin Nixon Pompa, Author of Allergy-Free Kids: The Science-Based Approach to Preventing Food Allergies
(Allergens: Peanut, Tree Nut, Wheat, Sesame, Egg, Fish)
- 3 ounces (80 g) or 88 sticks uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons tahini, well-stirred
- 2 rounded tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tree nut butter, such as almond, cashew, or a mix
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1.75 ounces (50 g) cooked fish, such as haddock, cod, tilapia, or salmon
- 2 small hard-boiled eggs, cooled
Boil the spaghetti according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining the tahini, peanut butter, tree nut butter, honey, orange juice, and soy sauce with a fork or whisk. Stir well until completely combined. Pour over the pasta and toss, so that the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
Break up the fish into small chunks, roughly ½ inch wide. Stir the fish into the pasta dish. Top with slices of hard-boiled egg. Serve hot or cold.