Halfway Homemade: Frozen Yogurt Oatmeal Bars
Inspired by Rachel Mansfield’s nutrient-dense recipe, these Frozen Yogurt Oatmeal Bars are the perfect mid-afternoon treat for your little one. These bars are *delicious* — and if your kiddo helps you on this culinary adventure, it’s also a fun fine motor activity as they work to press the crust, spread the yogurt, and place our nut butter puffs onto the bars!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup creamy nut butter
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup Mission MightyMe puffs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1.5 cups of yogurt
- 1 cup frozen berries (we used blueberries)
- 1 T. chia seeds
1. Blend dates in a food processor until a paste is formed.
2. Add oats, nut butter, flaxseed and cinnamon and blend until combined.
3. Transfer mixture into a parchment-lined 8x8 baking dish.
4. Press firmly to evenly distribute mixture around the bottom of the dish.
5. Spread the yogurt across the top.
6. Microwave the frozen berries for 1 min, stir, and microwave another minute.
7. Use the back of a spoon to mash berries (if whole, to prevent any choking hazards!)
8. Mix together the chia seeds and blueberries to create a thick jam.
9. Spread the mixture across the top of the yogurt.
10. Top with Mission MightyMe puffs - crumbled or whole!
9. Place in the freezer for 2+ hours until the bars are firm enough to cut.
*Note: thaw the bars for 3-5 minutes at room temperature before serving
Peanut Panel Approved and great for breakfast or a nutty and nutritious snack!